Which Yarn Weights for Crochet?
Find the rest of information of ultimate yarn weight converter chart.
|Lace||1 ply||2 ply||1.5 – 2.25 mm|
|Fingering||2 ply||3 ply||1.25 – 3.5 mm|
|Sport||4 ply||5 ply||3.5 – 4.5 mm|
|DK||DK||8 ply||4.5 – 5.5 mm|
|Worsted||Aran||10 ply||5.5 – 6.5 mm|
|Bulky||Chunky||12 ply||6.5 – 9 mm|
|Super Bulky||Super Chunky||14 ply||9 mm +|
Where Do I Buy Yarn? – Which Yarn Weights for Crochet?
Visit Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Joann’s, Walmart Crafts Department, or your favorite craft store to buy the yarn or dig in your yarn stash. Some yarns are solid and others are multi-colored. Brand name yarns often used are listed below.
What is the Best Yarn Brand? – Which Yarn Weights for Crochet?
There is no right or wrong brand of yarn. According to bestcovery.com/best-yarn
- Lion Brand Yarn Wool-Ease Yarn. As the name suggests, Wool Ease yarn offers knitters and crocheters a wool blend that is both easy to use and reasonably priced. …
- Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn. …
- Cascade Baby Alpaca Lace Yarn
- Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby. …
- Lion Brand Chenille Yarn.
What Types of Yarn Fibers? – Which Yarn Weights for Crochet?
- Wool: Wool (made from the fleece of sheep) is the queen of yarns, and it remains a popular choice for knitters. …
- Fleece: Examples include mohair and cashmere, which come from Angora and Kashmir goats, . …
- Silk, cotton, linen, and rayon: The slippery, smooth, and often shiny yarns.
What are Novelty Yarns? – Which Yarn Weights for Crochet?
Novelty yarns include a wide variety of yarns. They include unusual features, structure or fiber composition. Examples include slubs, inclusions, metallic or synthetic fibers, laddering and varying thickness. This happens during production. Textures include: